News:

Arhiva Bitange foruma

Main Menu

PunkBuster problemi i rešenja

Started by GuRuGeoRge, September 02, 2008, 12:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuRuGeoRge

Pošto znam da se dosta ljudi Š¾ali na PB,ping i još neke stvari dok igraju online rešio sam da postavim 2 teksta koja sam skinuo i znam da sigurno pomaŠ¾u objašnjenja/rešenja u njima data.Jedino za ''losing key packets'' još nema rešenja,kada zbog toga izbacuje server,kaŠ¾u da je to 'bug' koga treba ispraviti...

QuoteCoD2 patch,ping and other problems

Hopefully this post should cover most of the frequently-asked questions involving Call of Duty 2. If something you wish to ask is not covered by this FAQ, feel free to post here or make a new thread, and it shall be answered as quickly as possible.

This COD2 Specific FAQ and basic problems with The Arena are also available in The Arena chat via the semi-interactive CODdude chat bot. To activate CODdude's FAQ, in #callofduty2 simply type: help me

The FAQ service on The Arena is dependant on CODdude being online, while we will endeavour to keep him online as much as possible, there will be times when he will be offline (such as internet connection failure on CODdude's end).

Current Topics
General Call of Duty 2 Questions
- What are the patches available for Call of Duty 2?
- My ping is really high and it's not my connection. What should I do?
- I keep getting kicked from the server for 'A reliable command was cycled out'?
- I keep getting kicked for fx_sort 0
- I installed the 1.2 patch and now it won't join a server. It just keeps saying 'Awaiting connection...'?
- Are there any overhead/bird's eye view maps for Call of Duty 2?

GameArena-Specific CoD 2 Questions
- When will the CoD 2 Ladder begin?
- What will the CoD 2 Ladder format be?
- How do I become a Referee for the CoD 2 Ladder?
- What are the GA server Punkbuster limits?

Durst's Config Guide to Call of Duty 2

General Call of Duty 2 Questions

What are the patches available for Call of Duty 2?
Call of Duty 2 1.01 Patch
Download it from GameArena here
This patch was released by Infinity Ward in December 2005 to give a performance boost to people who are running Windows 2000 or XP and have CPUs which run with Hyper-Threading Technology or have dual-core processors or multiple processors. It does not fix any gameplay problems, nor does it have compatibility issues with servers running 1.0. It is recommended only for people with CPU(s) detailed above, it will not provide a boost to any other system arrangement.

Call of Duty 2 1.3 Patch
Download it from GameArena here
The patch contains Punkbuster, the popular anti-cheat software, and will be installed alongside the patch. It also fixes a few bugs and glitches within the multiplayer portion of Call of Duty 2.

This patch is a required download in order to play in the GameArena CoD 2 Ladder, and will pretty soon be required on every server which runs Punkbuster, so it will be best if you secure yourself this patch right away and install it.

My ping is really high and it's not my connection. What should I do?
There can be a number of reasons for this. First off, type these into your console:
/cl_maxpackets 30
/rate 25000
/cl_packetdup 1
/snaps 20
If that doesn't help, check to see if you have downloads going. Some download programs still leave you uploading even when you close them. Run an ad-ware, spy-ware and virus scanner to see if you have some nasty software sucking up your bandwidth. Check to see you aren't shaped by your ISP for going over your download limit. If you are in the clear with all that, then try and get in contact with the provider of that server, or let the GameOps know in COGS if you are using a GameArena server, to see if it is a problem on their end.

I keep getting kicked from the server for 'A reliable command was cycled out'?
Make sure that your network card drivers are up-to-date if you connect the ADSL or Cable modem by Ethernet. If you connect by USB, make sure your USB drivers are up-to-date. Please see the hardware's manufacturer website for drivers and support.

I keep getting kicked for fx_sort 0
Bring down your in-game console using the ~ key and type /fx_sort 1. If that doesn't work, find the config_mp.cfg file in your Call of Duty 2/Main/players/<your name>/ folder and open it with a text editor. Then search for the line which starts with "seta fx_sort" and change the 0 to a 1.

I installed the 1.3 patch and now it won't join a server. It just keeps saying 'Awaiting connection...'?
Make sure that you aren't blocking any ports being used by either Call of Duty 2 OR Punkbuster. Norton Anti-Virus is a prime example, as it usually blocks everything and asks you whether or not to let the information flow. Make sure you do. ZoneAlarm is also one you have to allow CoD 2 and PB access to. Failing that, it may be a peak hour for the master server, and it lost your request. Simply type /reconnect in the console after cancelling joining the server.

CoD2 PunkBuster problem ’’losing key packets’’

PB in CoD2: Losing key packets
Written by jockyitch   
Thursday, 20 March 2008

This is a common complaint I hear around CoD2 servers these days:
"I cant believe this.... I have never had issues with COD2... now about every time I get on a CoD2 server, PB kicks me with an error message that says something like "losing key packets"...WHAT IS THIS??? FPS isnt an issue.... Cable/internet.... I dont have a clue!"
- anonymous CoD2 player 

The "Losing Key Packets" error messages started in earnest back in February when Punk Buster released a new update (Tuesday 2/12/08). PB updated its anti-cheat software to version 2.051 on that day with the following terse statement: "This is a maintenance release".

The kicks started soon after.

PB has been updated numerous times since then and is now at v2.057|A1383 client side (and 1.656|A1383|C2.057, server-side). Sadly, the kicks have not stopped. They seemingly occur randomly. Not everyone gets kicked. In fact, you can go for days without getting kicked and then you could get kicked twice in an hour.

There have been quite a few attempts to fix the problem on client computers:

1. Gamers have downloaded the manual install program from Even Balance and updated PunkBuster: 

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe 

2.  They have ensured PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe are running as processes and are not blocked by the user or anti-virus or Internet security software.

Neither of these solutions have worked. So, to determine what is the root of all this, we talked to our friend Micah, lead engineer at Even Balance.

BS: There seems to be a great deal of problems with PB on CoD2 servers lately. Namely, people are being kicked for packet flow issues. It seems random: not everyone is getting kicked - and those who do can relog on and play for hours and then get kicked again. Are you aware of this issue and is it being addressed by PB?

Micah: I'm aware of the "losing key packets" kick on CoD2 servers.  We're trying to find the bug, but it's been difficult to catch.  As soon as we find it, we'll issue an update.

So there you have it. The good news is that it is NOT a client or server-side problem - the bad news is that the problem is with PB, and Even Balance's engineers have not been able to identify the bug yet.

Looks like you will have to put up with the nuisance of getting kicked for a little while longer.

We will bring you any updates as soon as we get them.

(Izvor:bashandslash.com)
(Izvor:bashandslash.com)